Saturday, January 21, 2012

My City



"This City is my city and I love it, yeah I love it, I was born and raised here, I have it made here and if I have my way I'm gonna stay here for life" - Patrick Stump

This song takes me to the city that never sleeps, the city where dreams are made and shattered, the big apple.

New York City is a city loved by many and I am no exception to the rule. My first trip to the city was in the summer of 2011. I arrived in Times Square to be blown away by the magic of billboards and lights. In my head I have always had a picture of what it would look like but never did I imagine it to be this breathtaking. So when daylight finally broke I headed into the city with a couple of friends and we did everything tourists do. It was on my next trip that I would really start to love NYC.

The purpose of this trip was to go to the Macy's Thanksgiving day parade. We got there nice and early and got a spot on 58th and 7th and had the greatest time. After the parade we walked in Central Park and baked in the sun like some cold blooded creatures. We then strolled down Madison Ave just to find out that Barneys was closed for the day. New York during the festive season is so amazing. All the shops are decorated and Tiffany's blew my mind. I saw Audrey Hepburn peeking through the window looking at the jewels inside.

When I took the ferry out later that afternoon I was even more awestruck. Seeing the Statue of Liberty, while the sun is going down and the sky is purple and orange, and the city growing smaller and smaller. It was like a painting. A painting that showed of what God can do and what man has created in perfect harmony. Does that even make sense??

As I was standing at the top of the Empire State building, waiting for Sleepless in Seattle, I realized that all the crazy down there is what I have wanted for such a long time. I want that rushed life with no time to chat. The penthouse on the upper East side.

This city is my city and if I could stay here I would! Maybe one day I'll call the subway my car and the city my home. I'll hail a cab, starbucks cup in my hand and head to my corporate job in a 50 story building, and life will be perfect!



No comments:

Post a Comment