Tuesday, August 20, 2013

The Next Chapter

On Sunday, August 11 2013, I started writing the next chapter of my travel diaries as I boarded a plane to Canada. After an almost 40hour trip which included flying, waiting at airports and flying again, I finally landed at my final destination Prince George, British Columbia.

Tuesday morning awoke at around 4am as a result of jetlag. My internal clock was pretty confused as to why I was still sleeping at 1pm CAT. So I got up and unpacked. Later that day we drove around town and my first thought of my new town was that it looked like I was on the set of a Twilight movie. I was n't far off since the Twilight-saga was filmed about 4hours from Prince George.

We drove around everyday and my eyes kept looking for a cool local hangout spot and my favorite clothing stores. I couldn't find them. Turns out I'm going to be a millionaire soon since about 50% of my money usually goes to partying and shopping (stop judging me).

I will be working as a nanny and again I struck gold. I have to admit every time I've decided  to go abroad as a childcare provider I've been so lucky. In the States I had a great family and now I got a great one again. My new host family are actually South African which makes life just that much easier since I already know the culture and they can compare the Canadian culture to ours. They have also been great in helping me set up a few things to possibly have a future in Canada.

I'm definitely looking forward to writing this chapter of my life here in Twilight town.

No comments:

Post a Comment